Double glaze existing windows by retrofitting a secondary glazing panelRenovating and upgrading your existing home or building to achieve reduced noise or increased thermal comfort and energy efficiency is best achieved by double glazing windows. Magnetite’s retrofit double glazing solutions have been designed and tested to work with your existing windows, doors, skylights and glass areas.
Magnetite’s retrofit solutions allow you to enjoy the benefits of double glazing without replacing the existing windows. A discrete sub frame will be installed to the inside of your existing windows reveal, creating an air cavity – the essence of double glazed windows. Our retrofit double glazing solutions provide proven results and many other benefits:
- Affordable – Retrofit double glazing is a quick and simple solution that requires no structural changes. This means reduced material and installation costs, which creates a faster return on your investment. Our retrofit system does not change the visual aspect of the building facade, which allows projects to be staged.
- Convenient – By double glazing windows without replacing them, we reduce installation times and minimise disruption to your business and property.
- Minimal Visual Impact - Our optical grade acrylic panels won't affect the aesthetics of a window from the inside or outside, nor hinder visibility through the window.
- Custom Fit – Our double glaze widow installation is custom fit on each job to tailor the installation to the shape of the window, which ensures optimal performance. Ideal for heritage and period windows.
- Easy to Maintain –Windows are lighter than glass and can be easily opened for cleaning and fresh air.
Installation of a discreet sub frame allows a clear optical grade acrylic panel to attach inside the existing window frame. Using continuous magnetic channels ensures a secure and airtight seal around the window.
How Magnetite is retrofitted
The continuous magnetic seal ensures that when the Magnetite panels are in place the window insulation system has the lowest air infiltration rate of any operational window. This seal creates an air cavity between the existing window and your Magnetite panels.
As with traditional double glazing the air cavity acts as an insulation barrier against noise and temperature. Depending on the configuration of the existing window, we can adjust the size of the air cavity to maximise thermal insulation, acoustic insulation or both.
The Magnetite subframe is foam PVC and acts as a thermal break between the existing window and the Magnetite secondary system. This sub-frame also allows Magnetite to attach to any existing window frame - timber, aluminium or steel.
The acrylic glazing panels used by Magnetite are up to six times more thermally efficient than glass. Solar control films may also be applied to windows requiring reduction in radiant heat. We apply a film to the inside layer of the existing glass. By having the film on the inside of the existing window we are able to reflect the heat before it enters the air cavity for superior double glazed window performance.
Please contact us for more information about our retrofit double glazing solutions.